Back & Neck Pain Treatments In Leeds & Surrounding Areas
Physio Action has been a leading provider of back pain treatments Leeds since 2003. The back and neck pain treatments we offer cover Leeds, Ilkley and the surrounding areas.
Back and neck pain manifests itself in a variety of different ways and for a variety of reasons.
The most common causes of neck pain range from:
- Sleeping in an awkward position
- Having bad posture over a prolonged period
- Pinching a nerve
- As a result of an injury
It is often difficult to identify the underlying cause of back pain. In the most serious cases, chronic back pain can be caused by:
- Slipped (prolapsed) disc, this is where the disc or cartilage presses on a nearby nerve in the spine.
- Sciatica, which is an irritation of the nerve.
Regardless of the reason for your back and neck pain, you must get the right treatment from the start to encourage full recovery. Physio Action is a specialist in providing neck and back pain treatments Leeds, Ilkley & surrounding.
Do You Need Treatment For Back Pain In Leeds?
If you are struggling with back pain, contact Physio Action, we offer treatments for back pain in Leeds, Ilkley & surrounding. We can help diagnose & treat your back pain issues, don’t suffer in silence. We are here to help with any back-pain issues in Leeds, Ilkley and the surrounding areas.
We know that back pain can have a serious impact on your daily life, therefore we offer proven treatments for back pain in Leeds. All our back-pain treatments are delivered by our highly skilled team in Leeds, Ilkley & surrounding areas.
Postural Back Pain Treatments In Leeds
Having poor posture can be an underlying cause of back pain. If you often sit in a slumped position or slouch, this can lead to back pain. Crouching over your desk & keyboard can also cause back pain.
- Being Overweight – Can affect your posture. It can add stress to your joints and ligaments. It can also weaken the muscles.
- Exercises – Being more active can help improve your posture. It’s a good idea to focus on improving the strength of the muscles and trying to improve your flexibility.
Disc Prolapse / Slipped Disc Treatments In Leeds
Having a slipped disc can often lead to sensations of pain and/or numbness. The pain might not always be in the back and can often manifest in the legs or arms. Having unexpected muscle weakness can also be a sign that you may be suffering from a slipped disc. The treatments for this can range from:
- Surgery – In some cases, it may be necessary. When a surgeon removes a disc (or a part of a disc) this known as Microdiscectomy. This is only recommended when the disc is effecting the other muscles. The surgeon may recommend replacing the disc that is causing issues with an artificial one.
- Exercises – One of the best things you can do is to stay active and keep moving. It may be difficult at first but according to the NHS, people who stay active are likely to have a quicker recovery.
Sciatica / Trapped Nerve Treatments In Leeds
If you have pain that originates in the lower portions of your back and progresses to your leg. This could be sciatica or a trapped nerve. Many things can cause Sciatica / trapped nerves, you will find a few of the main ones below:
- Bone Spur – Is when an overgrowth of bone causes a trapped nerve.
- Tumour – It’s not uncommon for tumours to compress against a nerve, causing it to become trapped. This can manifest itself as pain in the back.
- Disease – Diseases such as diabetes can cause damage to nerves.
Are You Suffering From Neck Pain in Leeds, Ilkley & Surrounding Areas
Physio Action has been providing treatments for neck pain in Leeds since 2003. Our skilled team can diagnose and treat your neck pain issues from their clinic based in Leeds, Ilkley & surrounding areas.
We offer specialist treatments for Wryneck or Torticollis. If your suffering with neck pain in Leeds, Ilkley or surrounding areas, don’t hesitate to contact Physio Action.
Whiplash Treatments In Leeds
Physio Action offers treatments for whiplash in Leeds. When the head suffers a sudden movement, its possible the ligaments will get stretched beyond their normal position.
It’s common for the following to result in whiplash:
- Contact sports
- Horse Riding
- Blows to the head
- Rear-End Collisions
- Physical abuse
Postural Neck Pain Treatments In Leeds
Having poor posture can be the cause of postural neck pain. If you suffer from poor posture, focus on exercises that will help to strengthen your muscles. The treatments for neck pain in Leeds we offer can range from:
- Strengthening exercises
- Stretching exercises
- Stretching exercises
- Range of movement exercises
- Ergonomic assessment at work
- Manual therapy
- Electrotherapy acupuncture
- Education and advice
- Heat and ice therapy
Nerve Root Irritation Treatments In Leeds
We offer treatments for nerve root irritation in Leeds. 85% of people will suffer from this at some point in their life, its one of our most popular treatments. When the spine becomes trapped in the upper part of the back, this will result in severe pain in the back or neck.
- Exercises can help to reduce the pressure at the root of the neck. The exercises will help to open space for the nerves that have become trapped, whilst helping to stabilise the spine.
- It’s not uncommon for the area to become inflamed, you may need injections to reduce the swelling. This will help to reduce the pain caused by the trapped nerves. Epidural steroids can be used to reduce the swelling.
- Other treatments that don’t involve injections, non- steroidal anti-inflammatory medications can be used. These will help to reduce the swelling and in turn, reduce the pain.
Wryneck / Torticollis Treatments In Leeds
Wryneck (torticollis) is a painful twisting and tilting of the neck. It’s not uncommon for people who suffer from wry neck to have their head tilt to one side & the chin to tilt to the other side. Wryneck (torticollis) could be inherited at birth while others may suffer only temporary. We are here to help with Wryneck (torticollis) treatments in Leeds.
Wryneck (torticollis) is caused by any of the following:
- Infections causing inflammation
- Infections in the ears, sinuses, teeth, scalp or jaw
- Abscesses in the airway or upper throat
- Injury to the spine or neck, causing muscle spasms
Exercise & Sports
Pre & Post Operation
Womens’ Health &
Pre/Post Natal Physio
Back & Neck Pain
Referrals For MRI, XRAY,
Ultrasound & FMS
Sports Massage, Taping