Providing leading physiotherapy services in Harrogate, Physio Action pride themselves on delivering fantastic treatments for all our customers.
Lee Cannon & Rachel Galley, run the clinics and pride themselves on offering outstanding treatments for their customers. They oversee all treatments and ensuring that all customers are receiving the correct type of treatment for their problem.
Our team of professionals offer a wide range of treatments for problems caused by sports injuries, accidental injuries caused by slips and falls.
If your problem is left untreated, it will over time, become worse and harder to treat and requires more time to make sure the problem is less painful.
We treat the following injuries why physio treatments:
- Back pain, including sciatica, sacroiliac joint pain, and spinal disc problems.
- Neck pain caused by whiplash, migraines, and headaches.
- Sports and exercise strains and sprains.
- Rehabilitation for pre & post-operative.
- Work-Related Injuries.
- Issues with running and biomechanical issues.
- Evaluations of women’s health using Physiotherapy.
- Mummy MOT’s including Pre & Post Natal Physiotherapy.
- Conditions which benefit from Acupuncture & Kinesio Taping.
We have developed a strong relationship with the Orthopaedic Consultants, Sport & Exercise Medicine Consultants, Podiatrists & Paediatricians to ensure we can always make the right recommendations to our clients and provide the best treatment possible for their injuries.
We can also arrange for our customers to visit a private clinic to have treatments such as MRI scans, ultrasounds or X-rays so that we can provide the proper treatments for our clients.
We’re able to provide a dedicated therapist for sports injuries. They work with you to resolve your injuries or keep them at bay.
Our Harrogate clinic can also provide Kinesio taping to help relieve pain and increase joint stability and proprioception
We also stock an extensive range of Medi products such as support and braces, memory pillow cushions and more.
Are you Experiencing Neck Problems in Harrogate?
Physio Action provides treatments for a wide range of neck problems caused by injuries from car crashes, postural issues, nerve irritation, wry neck or torticollis.
We’re able to treat whiplash. When the head moves backwards and then forwards with great force, the ligaments stretch beyond their capability. Usually caused by one of the following:
- Rear-End Collisions
- Horse Riding
- Blows to the head
- Physical abuse
- Contact sports
Postural Neck Pain Treatments
If you have poor posture, this can be the cause of postural neck pain. It is caused by the way you sit or position your self frequently and for long periods. Treatments can range from:
- Manual therapy
- Heat and ice therapy
- Electrotherapy acupuncture
- Strengthening exercises
- Stretching exercises
- Range of movement exercises
- Education and advice
- Ergonomic assessment at work
Nerve Root Irritation Treatments
85% of people experience nerve root irritation at some point in their life, and it is caused by the spinal nerves becoming trapped in the upper part of the back sometimes causing severe neck or back pain.
- Exercises can help you relieve the pressure of neck root irritation, and these exercises help to stabilise the spine and provide more open space for the trapped nerves.
- You may require injections to help reduce the swelling and treat the pain caused by trapped nerves. Epidural steroid injections & nerve root injections help reduce the swelling in the affected areas.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications can help to reduce the pain by preventing and reducing the swelling.
Wryneck / Torticollis Treatments
Wryneck is when the head sits at an angle. For example, the top of the head tilts to the right while the chin sits over to the left. the causes are one of the following:
- Injury to the spine or neck, causing muscle spasms
- Infections causing inflammation
- Abscesses in the airway or upper throat.
- Infections in the ears, sinuses, teeth, scalp or jaw.
Are You Experiencing Back Pain Harrogate?
Are you suffering from back pain in Harrogate? Physio action could help you diagnose your problem and give you the correct treatment to relieve the pain so that you can continue living a pain-free life.
We understand the implications this can have on your day to day life which is why we offer treatments designed to relieve you.
Postural Back Pain Treatments
Poor posture can be the cause of back pain, such as sitting slumped or slouching in your chair, Lying down or sitting on bed a bed while working on a laptop or reading a book are just a few of the things that can cause postural back pain. There are things you can be doing you improve your posture, such as:
- Reduce Weight – being overweight can directly affect the posture of your back. It weakens the muscles and adds stress on the joints and ligaments in your back.
- Exercises – Exercising can help improve the posture of your back. It would be best if you were concentrating on improving the strength of the muscles in your back and the flexibility for improved posture.
Disc Prolapse / Slipped Disc Treatments
A symptom of a slipped disc can cause pain and or numbness the pain won’t always be in the back and can extend to your arms or legs. Unexplained muscle weakness can also be a telltale sign of a slipped/prolapsed disc. Treatments can range from:
- Surgery – Mircodiskectomy is when a surgeon removes the disc or a portion of the disc. Only recommended when the disc is starting to affect the function of the muscles. In some cases, the surgeon may replace the disc with an artificial disc.
- Exercise Programs – Many people can relieve the pain of a slipped disc by using exercise programs. An exercise program helps you strengthen your back muscles and can help reform the disc.
Sciatica / Trapped Nerve Treatments
If you’re experiencing pain from your lower spine to the back of your leg, this is a sign that you could be suffering from sciatica or a trapped nerve. The causes of Sciatica / trapped nerves can be:
- Bone Spur – An overgrowth of a bone on vertebrae which has caused a nerve to become trapped.
- Tumour – Tumours can compress a nerve causing it to become trapped, causing pain in the back.
- Disease – nerves can become damaged by diseases such as diabetes.
Exercise & Sports
Pre & Post Operation
Womens’ Health &
Pre/Post Natal Physio
Back & Neck Pain
Referrals For MRI, XRAY,
Ultrasound & FMS
Sports Massage, Taping
Total Years of Experience